Thursday, January 10, 2013

Here Goes Nothing.....

Hey Guys! Kiani Here:)

So I decided to start this blog for 2 reasons. 1, because my theatre teacher told me that it would be a great way to help my classmates build some broadway knowledge, and 2, because I could literally rant about musicals for hours. Easily.

A little info about me would be that I have been preforming ever since I was super little. I used to do church choir, and then I went on to tour group show choir, where I got to preform at lots of cool places like Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, the San Diego County Fair, and Magic Mountain. From there I started to do musicals at my after school daycare during elementary school. I actually made my musical debut as Sarah Crew in The Little Princess when I was 6.

It was awkward because....well....I'm black.

Anyway, from there I found a youth theatre program called Christian Youth Theatre (CYT). CYT is an after school theatre arts program for kids ages four to eighteen and they offer classes in singing, dancing, acting, stunts, makeup, and much more. It was in CYT that I actually started preforming in front of people other than friends and parents. Through CYT I got the courage to branch out and do shows with other theatre groups around San Diego, and I even got involved with the theatre program at my school (Point Loma High). Now, I'm getting ready to audition for BFA programs at four-year universities for musical theatre because I really don't know what else to do with my life, and I love preforming.


So yeah, basically that's it! Every week or even every couple of days I'l be posting about a musical and basically just going through some history of it, maybe post some links so y'all can watch it. Its just to get the word out really, and of course I'll be making comments on everything. This blog is COMPLETELY BIAS!!! Do not read this for impartial commentary. BUT, my track record shows that I am hardly ever wrong ;)


                                                                                    -Kiani

2 comments:

  1. lol. "This blog is completely bias."
    It's okay, Kiani. We trust your judgement.
    YAY FOR THIS BLOG!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Kiani Is Going to make a gay man out of me! #Fabulous
    -Thanks Kiani
    Love Kris

    ReplyDelete